Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My Cellphone is Bigger than Yours

A few weeks ago, I lost my phone or what I think is more accurate to describe the situation is that my phone lost itself from me. I still have no idea where it is and don't know the exact day it disappeared. I spent the following week in complete denial, refusing to suspend service/buy a new phone bc I thought my phone would resurface in a very lassie come home fashion. In the meantime, I borrowed my mom's cellphone, which back in the day, was at some point cool, though it is now larger than most cordless phones and could very well be used as a weapon.

As a last resort, I asked the people at cingular if they could track it down via the GPS system, figuring that if a guy could use it to stalk his ex-girlfriend (he stuck his phone under her car), then, they could locate my phone. But apparently my phone is not on GPS, which I now know for future reference should I have a sudden urge to stalk someone, which I won't. Seriously.

I partially blame my sister who was doing me the "favor" of keeping it after I had dropped it en route to a good friend's wedding. Somehow, she was able to keep track of her phone, but not mine. Coincidence?

I have since begrudgingly purchased a new phone, though I feel absolutely no closure on the loss of my former phone and will not give up in my search efforts until the 30 day return period passes....Apparently, I could have saved a lot of $$ if I had gotten insurance on the phone, which only costs a few dollars a month, but was something I had deemed extraneous.


Take it from me, buy the insurance. Thanks for checking in!

-E


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home